Saturday, March 25, 2006

15 miles! and my week in training.

Yep, thats right, 15 miles is what I ran this morning. I am still surprised that I could actually go that far. Its amazing what the human body can do. I was really intimidated by this run, scared to even try it. I almost talked myself out of running at all, lol.

I have learned that I can do much more than I think I can. I can push myself harder than I ever imagined, just as long as I focus and don't let the negative comments that pop into my head win. I have to encourage myself, tell myself that I can do it, just keep going. It feels really good actually!

With a very tough last few days, I haven't been eating well or sleeping well. I have been stuck here on the computer trying to make sense of many things. I felt almost lost in a deep void. But with my faith, my family and my friends, I was able to press on and see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you everyone that has supported me and helped me along the way. I am becoming a much better person because of it.

Monday - 4 miles
Tuesday - 7.2 miles
Wednesday - 3.6 miles plus 20 minutes weight training
Thursday - rest day
Friday - nothing
Saturday - 15.5 miles

Total 30.3, all time high!!! woohoo :)

2 comments:

Kermit~the~Frog said...

I am super-impressed, and I have a question:

Can you run 15.5 miles with just some water and whatever your last meal was fueling your body, or do you bring some sort of carb/protein pack along to eat halfway through?

QueenMeadow said...

I eat a little something before I go, like applesauce or a banana and then I take gatorade and water plus Gu or energy gel. I usually take an energy gel every 5 miles or so and drink water or gatorade every two miles or so.