Saturday, December 10, 2005

I hate it when that happens!

I have to play mindgames with myself whilst running on a treadmill. I have to keep distracted so I don't get bored and give up. It can be watching someone lifting weights or another runner in front of me. Sometimes I will listen to a song and then speed the 'mill up or slow it down, depending. Other times I get lucky and catch a show on the TV that is interesting.

This morning I decided to cover up the control panel and just run as long as I could until I got tired and then I'd see how far I had gone and go from there. I ran for quite a while and nature called. Rather than looking to see what my mileage was and then starting over, I pushed "pause" on the control panel and went to the potty. I came back to it being reset, grrr! So I guessed a little low, just to be safe. I'm pretty sure I ran over two miles, but not sure how much more. So I just said 2 miles and then ran 4 more.

My first 6 mile run in a long long time, woot! Back on track and it feels awesome! :)

No comments: