Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I'll take being tired...

I am borderline anemic and have been very very tired lately. It doesn't matter how much I sleep, how well I eat or how much or little I do, I'm tired! So I decided to get a multi vitamin with iron to try and help out with the tiredness. I read that calcium can make it hard for iron to be absorbed by the body. So I decided to take it with breakfast this morning since I don't usually have milk with it. I took the vitamin while my bread was toasting and I wouldn't recommend that, lol.

I ended up puking in the kitchen garbage can just after buttering my toast :P

I'm thinking tomorrow I'll eat first or better yet, just sleep all day and let the kids trash the house and my hunny can clean it up while I sleep some more :P

5 comments:

sheri said...

Yikes!
Unfortunately, I know how you feel. I once took my prenatals before going to the gym and had only eaten 1 slice of toast. Apparently that wasn't enough. I was soon puking in the women's locker room. (and I wasn't even pg yet) I've never been able to take prenatals w/out a full meal. I'm pretty sure it's the high amount of iron in them that does that.
So eat a full meal, then take them. And hopefully they'll work really well!!!

Emily said...

Take care of yourself!

frugalmom said...

Take the vitamin before you go to bed. It's the only way I can stomach them, even NOT pregnant.

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MUFFIN!

MusicalMom said...

I know I'm coming in late here, but try SlowFe (not an off-brand). I get WAY anemic when I'm pg and that's the only thing that works. Take it with an orange or OJ without calcium. It should up in in a week or two--seriously. Good luck!