Sunday, February 05, 2006

Injuries suck!

I started experiencing pain in my foot about 3 weeks ago. I figured that my old shoes were just too worn out, but I was planning on getting new ones so I just cut back my mileage a bit in hopes that nothing would get worse. Got my new shoes, woot! But the foot pain got much worse :(

Luckily my landlord/neighbor is a podiatrist. So I went to see him and he says my facia, or whatever the name of the tendon in my arch is called ;), was hurt. So he taped up my foot and said no running, waah. I am going on vacation (Vegas baby!) so I wont be able to see the dr again until friday, the 10th.

I'm pretty bummed out, but hope that a week or two off of running will take care of everything and I can jump back in to training and still get to run the planned marathon. I started taking a spinning class in hopes of keeping up my aerobic capacity.

In other words, blah blah blah, don't run and try not to go crazy in the meantime.

3 comments:

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Dang I hope your foot feels better. Maybe it justs needs a vacation too. Have fun!

Lee said...

I hope you get to feeling better. Good for you for keeping up the aerobic activity!

MusicalMom said...

How did your appointment go?