Saturday, July 05, 2008

Week 5 is complete

I was planning on running the local 4th of July 10k yesterday but decided to sleep in and relax instead, I was exhausted! But before you get too proud of me, read on ;)

Monday - planned rest, though I'm thinking of bumping up all my runs one day, so we'll see what happens next week.
Tuesday - 3 miles, it was really hard to get this one done, I hated every step of the run hence why I'm thinking of bumping up my runs one day, see if that helps somehow.
Wednesday - 4.5 ran with a friend, makes it much more enjoyable, my numbers may be off this was supposed to be a 5 miler. All I know is it had some giant hills, but it was fun.
Thursday - 10 ran this with the same friend, early and it was dark at first! It was a hard run but felt awesome to get 'er done. I took a nap later than morning and woke up feeling great, no soreness though a little niggling tiredness in the quads.
Friday - rest
Saturday - was supposed to run 3 but decided to see if I could run 8.7 to get 26.2 miles in for the week. I didn't get started until almost 8, not smart when it's already in the mid 70's. Got about 4.5 miles in and was overheating quickly, took a break and ate some Gu and drank tons of water. Went until about 6.5 miles in and I'm out of water and Gatorade and I have 2.2 miles to go when I started feeling a bit dizzy. Luckily I was smart enough to pack my cell phone so I called my wonderful Hunny and he came and got me.

Luckily for me, week 6 is a step back week, maybe I'll remember to get my runs in early this time :P.

Weekly total = 24.1 miles

and a note to self, go earlier in the morning or run up the canyon where there is shade and water fountains!

No comments: