Thursday, October 20, 2005

There is something about running in the rain.....

I went on a 4 mile run this morning and it rained almost the entire time. I loved every second of it! Though my legs felt like lead and the jacket I was wearing soaked the rain up like it was a sponge. I was exhausted by the time we got back to my house. But it was exilerating and oh so much fun!

Could it be because playing in the rain when we were kids was a special treat? Maybe I want to be young again? Nah....its just refreshing and something different.

I think next time I better have a different jacket though, hehe.

When I got home from the run, I took off my soaked shirt and showed my abs to my hunny. I said "look, I'm getting some muscle finally" he said "you could be in a bowflex commercial" ahh....sweet music to my ears! Me, a mom of three with stretch marks and flab, can maybe someday look like those girls in the commercials.

I don't think I'll be able to wipe the smile off my face for quite some time!

2 comments:

StuTheWise said...

I likes the rain he he he...

KAT said...

My husband and I always had a funny thing, we had to kiss if we were caught in the rain. It happened frequently when we were in Georgia, not so much now in AZ, so sprinklers might have to do...

Katie