Tuesday, February 06, 2007

An unexpected bonus to homeschooling...

My kids are very negative and it drives me batty. So I decided that as part of their handwriting practice, or L's journaling, I'd have them write about things they like.

I told M to pick one person a day, from our family, and write 3 things he liked about them. Today was my turn...

"I like mom because I love her and she loves me a lot and becaues she plays with me a lot."

Too cute!

Yesterday was dad's turn...

"I like dad becaues he is cool. And because I love him. And because he plays with me a lot."

I can't wait to see what he says about his siblings, hehe.

6 comments:

Rachelle said...

What a great lesson!

Heidi said...

I don't homeschool and I STILL might do this! LOL My 5 yr old and *almost* 3 year old have issues with each other...maybe it would do them good to talk nice about each other - for once. LOL

FOODIE said...

The siblings should have a very interesting turn of thoughts. Maybe not though, it could be just the exact same!

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

what a great idea! i would make them make me the subject everytime :P

Lei said...

that is a good idea! my mom had a lot of fun with that... she made us write all sorts of things a thousand times when we got in trouble. lol.

Elozia Marie said...

That is a really cute idea for kids journaling! Sounds likes there's lots of love :)