Thursday, January 18, 2007

So cool!

I was taking the garbage out on my way to school and noticed some movement out of the corner of my eye. I dropped the garbage can lid, because its freaking freezing out! And saw something jump in our neighbors yard. I turned all the way around and saw a deer!! I ran up the steps and fumbled with the door trying not to scare the deer. I yelled "hunny, get the camera quick!" While waiting for him I noticed that there were 3 deer!!

The camera had dead batteries, dangit! So Stu ran to get new ones while I watched whispering to the kids "shh, don't scare them." One started walking toward the street and our street is really busy with no sidewalk on our side, so I said "don't go into the street." Cause deer understand english and would listen to me, duh. To my surprise it started walking into our yard! Woohoo, we might get a pic after all.

Stu got this picture...



before they ran down the hill and out of site.

I hope they found food or whatever it was they were looking for. They were so cute :)
and for Stu's version, click here.

10 comments:

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

That is cool, Meadow!

Rachelle said...

What a great pic! And an awesome site!

sheri said...

Cool!
If you happen to be driving around our city after midnight, it's common to come across deer in the middle of the roads. Along w/possums. We've also had coyotes come to the bottom of our stairs. You'd think I lived in a freakin forest.

Heidi said...

You're so lucky! I wish dear would come around MY house vs. the stupid racoons... ;)

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

it's cuz yer name is meadow :p

Very cool!! My kid would be so excited!

Kermit~the~Frog said...

That is amazing!

frugalmom said...

That's so neat, and even better that you got the photographic proof!

Lee said...

That is so cool!!! How fun.

Lei said...

we get lots of deer, and um - peacocks (yes you read that correctly, there's a peacock farm down the road) - in our area, too!

Anonymous said...

Cool! I'm currently coveting the size of your yard..