Sunday, October 03, 2010

Perspective

I have been dealing with allergies, colds, a random fever, for the last few weeks. Laying there in bed I have had time to think about life in general. One thing I've come to realize, is that my perspective on life has changed in the last 18 months or so.

I think we all should go through changes in perspective, but we need to be aware that we are changing, we are looking at things differently. Do we want to keep that view or keep changing it? I haven't been content with things in a long time. I am normally a very optimistic person but I haven't been happy. That is something I need to change, not anyone around me.

So I'm changing my perspective again, I'm going to look at the world in my positive way. I have a loving husband that supports me more than I ever could have imagined. I have a teenage daughter *gasp* that is also changing her perspective on life and I'm liking the change. It's awesome seeing her come into her own, though scary thinking she'll actually be on her own sooner than I can fathom. I have two sons, both with such hugely different personalities, M is always on the move, he's so creative and always looking for something to make. LittleMan is such a softy, still has his stuffed animal babies, but is getting more daring and crazy like his brother.

I'm going to graduate in the spring, I'll be certified as an interpreter -my dream job- soon, I'm already working part-time. I have many wonderful, supportive friends surrounding me. My extended family is eclectic and always here for me too. Awesome.

Life is good, I'm a happy woman and a very lucky one too.

1 comment:

rebecca said...

you are awesome.

the end.