Sunday, January 17, 2010

What in the heck?

L is 13 and since she was about 9 months old, she has always woken up at 6:30 in the morning, complete torture if you ask me. We made adjustments and when I was pregnant with M, she was about 3.5. I would fill a cup with dry cereal and put it on the table, then fill a sippy cup of milk and put it in the fridge, finally before bed I would set the TV to PBS. At 6:3o L would get up, go upstairs turn the TV on and watch cartoons for about an hour before I got up.

Along came the boys, both boys would do the same, wake up at 6:3o, 7:00 at the latest. Didn't matter if it was winter, summer, Saturday, vacation, nothing. Until this winter break, now they sleep until 8:15 or so every morning, heaven! They've been doing that for weeks. That is until yesterday morning, awake at 7 am again, yawn.

Yes, they are old enough to get their own breakfast, but those darn early birds have so much energy when they get up. I wish I could bottle it and then send them back to bed! ;)

1 comment:

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

as a mom of early risers, I feel your pain.

But it's payback for me. I remember being the one to wake my family every morning when I was little.