Tuesday, November 02, 2010

What a difference a few hours makes.

So today I interpreted for the first time in front of an audience, an audience of my peers no less. Anyway, I have many excuses that pop up when thinking about how I didn't do as well as I had hoped, after thinking about it for a few hours, my perspective has changed. I had a migraine, yet I was able to do a pretty good job. The person I interpreted for is not a native signer and it was a tough topic, I still did a pretty good job. The presenter also played a movie that I have never seen and it was DARK so I couldn't really see what was being signed, but you know what!? I still did a pretty good job!

Overall, I'm satisfied, I've learned that I have great support in my profession, at least overall. My team today was top notch, plus we had the awesome back up of the interpreter coordinator for the conference today.

Good day, good experience, good times. Awesome field, awesome students and faculty at UVU, awesome migraine medication that makes it so I can function at least somewhat :).

Go Deaf Studies!

2 comments:

rachel said...

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! You need these good days to keep you going :) And I totally agree with your last paragraph! GOOOOOOOO Deaf Studies!

rebecca said...

you really are a fabulous interpreter! it was delightful working with you!