Monday, February 16, 2009

A new profession for me?

For some reason, there is an open pipe in the crawl space under my house, it was attached to a sink the previous owners installed in the garage, but now it's just hanging out down there. I just ignored it because it was out of the way and causing no problems. Until a couple of days ago....

Now it looks like this when I do laundry....




And this was my attempt at fixing the problem...


And this is what happens when you just make the problem worse...
(that's a towel soaking up the flood in the laundry room from that pipe backing up and shooting out the drain, better than a toilet overflowing I guess ;) )


Jealous? I thought so :P

(I just tried drano to see if that's enough, stay tuned.....)

Edited to add....FAIL



I guess we get to stimulate the economy by hiring a plumber :P

3 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Bummer. I need a plumber and an electriction too. {{sigh}} Not gonna happen this year anyway. Hope it's an easy fix.

Jenn said...

Oh NO!!!! Last year when money was very very tight, our air conditioner and water tank went out at the same time!!! why does that always happen? so be careful for what comes next!

Unknown said...

What a mess! I'm feeling very sorry for you right now.